sobota, 27 lutego 2010

Visit no. 3.

Still a lot of snow. Streams of water from melted snow looks interesting but can be harmful for cellars. The house is still there awaiting me. Nasty roof revealed some hidden holes and one room resemble swimming pool. That is nothing. It was so for past several years - a few weeks doesn't matter. 

Every time I am there I find something extra, something that makes me feel like lucky guy. Today it was as usual.

I found the old wall-clock casing. It looks very old fashioned covered with tons of paint layers. The last one is brown. My father-in-law that accompanied me said that he has a working mechanism that can be placed into and he will renew it for my "old fashioned" room. He also noticed parts of electrical installation dated before 2nd world war he would like to renew also. 

Another thing is that I found that I do not have to make my own, new connection to waterworks. I found a small well with a cut-out and counter ready to be connect. It will definitely save me time and money although I've already gathered materials to build my own well-for-connection. 

Mystery of eaten eggs in the attic looks solved. I  found a hole in the very near with a strong smell. 95% for that I have a martens as my neighbours. 


The last thing for today was that I made an exact plan of the house and my prediction were right. I have a wall that is almost one meter thick. There is no entrance to that place so tomorrow I will make a closer look. My wife is horrified of the things that can be hidden in such place - it can be fulfilled with rats bones :)). We will see tomorrow...

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz