wtorek, 2 marca 2010

Side walls.

I decided to use clinker as the finish of my side walls. Why is that ? It is not cheap - for sure. But it has many advantages from prepper point of view. This is the only material I found that it can be said : once done - forever done. I need to insulate walls - and it could be easily done with usage of expanded polystyrene. But in the country you need something strong just because children playing ball in the garden. I could cover it with double layer of reinforcement net but always I would finish in the point that I have to renew paintings every five years and plaster every 10-15 years (depends on condition). So from the long term point of view it occurs to be more expensive than once made clinker wall insulated with glass fiber wool.


That is exact usage of rule no. 1. Buy best available material in terms of technology and quality. I am not going to pay for modern colors or design - it is not a class A bureau in the very downtown. I need just red bricks. :) I will buy ordinary clinker and I even put a reservation on second quality. But not second in parameters - they are 2nd quality just because of their look. I will buy not so perfectly shaped bricks. And to be sincere - this is another advantage for me because renewing old countryside house with perfectly shaped bricks would look odd. Kind of plastic with no soul. So what is disadvantage for one is good for me. I will get this clinker in the price of the ordinary bricks ! 

I will use glass fiber wool to insulate instead of polystyrene according to its total incombustibility. Much safer ! 

So I will have an old style reinforced and safely insulated side walls in the price of much worse solutions. And the only thing I will do in the future is to clean them - personally I hope that with a little dirt they will look even better, old-stylish ;)

One thing you have to remember is to use special kind of mortar for clinker.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz